Sunday, December 25, 2016

The Christmas Experiement 2016: Hours 23+24: Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration

It's that time of year again.

Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration: It really does feel like they have taken the emphasis off the Parade aspect. Just as well, they need ore room for Disney Channel Stars that Will can't be bothered to learn the name of.

Apparently they're also doing this as a sequel to a special earlier this season focusing on families visiting Disney at Thanksgiving. Because sure? That seems to be rather extensive for what used to be a two hour parade.

And there are a fair amount of performances. They aren't even trying to pretend that they're all happening on Christmas. I don't think I've seen a single parade float yet. Sure enough, once I do, it's Frozen. Because sure. Whatever.

Also filed firmly under whatever, Pandora. At Animal Kingdom. Because why the heck not? Seriously, what the heck?  I get it, Avatar was big. In 2009. Nearly a decade ago. But I will believe that the sequel is happening when it's in theaters. If it bombs, it's going to live on for years as that big folly Disney engaged in.

I will give the special this: they are still good at using it as a promo. For example, they spent a good five minutes promoting the Beauty and the Beast live-action movie and I'm kind of excited for it still.

So, most of the family stuff during this, I can give or take, Then we get to a family where the oldest sister raised the other two. It's kinda sad and Lilo and Stitch is what kept them together. I teared up a bit. Ohana.

Non-Viewing Thoughts: This really has been the perfect time to make dinner because this has mostly become nbearable fluff.

Late Christmas Ideas: I say it every year: A trip to Disney would rock. It's not going to happen but a boy can dream.

Notable Commercials: I think I will always appreciate the Coca-Cola Santa. Just always something I look forward to seeing.


Tally
Mountain Dews Left: 6 Cans
Coca-Colas Left: 3 Cans
Kickstarts Left: 1 Can
Coffee Left: 1 Bottle
Pumpkin Pie Left: 3/4ths
Sanity Rating: (1 being Ham, 10 being pickled pig hoofs): 4

No comments: