Sunday, December 25, 2016

The Christmas Experiement 2016 Hours 31+32: Some Holiday Specials

Okay, maybe watching specials from my child hood will make me a little less emotional.

Mickey's Christmas Carol: Uncle Scrooge is probably one of my favorite Disney Characters. Thus, I love this special a lot.  It keeps the story very simple but it works with what it has very well.

What I love here is how much it has going on while still working. The music is great, the animation is lovely, and the voice-acting is impeccable. I remember watching this growing up and there would be a promo on the next big Disney movie along with a couple of classic Disney Cartoons.

But I think my Main Reason to watch this one this year is Alan Young, the voice actor for Uncle Scrooge, passed away recently. David Tennant will be taking over the role in the upcoming Duck Tales animated series but I'm still saddened by all this. It makes The Ghost of Christmas Future extra macabre. 

The Year Without a Santa Claus: Mrs. Claus is potentially one of the most interesting characters in the Santa Lore. So little is done with her so she practically a blank canvas. That's part of why I love The Year Without a Santa Claus: Mrs. Claus gets to shine!

That all said, The Miser brothers are the ones who really star here. When you come to watch this special, they're the ones. The music is fun and their personalities are bombastic. This is actually one of the more musical specials for that matter. Tons of music that I like so woo there.

Non-Viewing Thoughts: "Marshmallow World" might be the Christmas Song I most enjoy that you never hear.

Late Christmas Ideas: Then again, New Egg Gift cards would also work more than a little okay for me.

Notable Commercials:John Lithgow is really pushing Progresso soup these days. I mean, it makes it look really good. I'm normally a Campbell's guy and prefer Progresso for brother and stock but this is still pretty decent looking.


Tally
Mountain Dews Left: 6 Cans
Coca-Colas Left: 2 Cans
Kickstarts Left: 0 Cans
Coffee Left: 1 Bottle
Pumpkin Pie Left: 1/2
Sanity Rating: (1 being A Year Without a Santa Claus, 10 being The Leprechauns' Christmas Gold): 6

No comments: