Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Christmas Experiment Hours 11+12: Arthur Christmas

Right then, time to try another Christmas movie I've never seen, see if it's any good.

Arthur Christmas: This is one that I've been skipping. Not on purpose, it's just... look, Christmas is once a year and there are, at most a month to watch movies. Watching a Christmas movie in the off-season always seems like a weird idea. Naturally, things get missed.

The film centers the title of Santa being a generational thing, passed from Son to Son. What I enjoy about the film is that it is essentially tradition vs progress. Arthur wants to make Christmas great for every child. His father, the current Santa, and his brother, The Santa Next in Line, are more concerned with efficiency.

Arthur, who is in charge of the Letters department, ends up going with his gramps to get a present to a girl that had been missed.

Okay, look, I wish I could say that I cared about the movie at this point but some drama went on outside so had to deal with that and missed half the film.

Non-Viewing Thoughts: The nice thing about having the entire apartment to yourself? No one cares if you walk around in your underwear.

Late Christmas Ideas:

Notable Commercials: Patti LaBelle is a national treasure. She's also selling pies for Wal-Mart. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

 
Tally
Mountain Dews Left: 6 Cans
Coca-Colas Left: 3 Cans
Kickstarts Left: 1 Can
Coffee Left: 2 Bottles
Pumpkin Pie Left: Whole Pie, still cooling
Sanity Rating: (1 being no drama, 10 being DRAMA!): 5

No comments: