Friday, December 25, 2009

The Christmas Experiment 2009: Hours 9 & 10

Viewing Thoughts: Going for some reality/documentary style shows right now.

A Very Queer Eye Christmas: Because what says Christmas like a bunch of gay stereotype getting together with some straight people they've changed the lives of on a film set. I really don't know whether to be insulted or to wish people asked me for advice because I was a self-help fairy (No pun intended.). But what we have here is a clip show. Yes, a clip show disguised as a holiday gathering. Still, the show introduced the world to Ted Allen so I can excuse it that. Ted Allen is one of my favorite Food Network personalities so all is forgiven. Jai, the tiny thin one, he never did anything.  He's just some actor who has no business telling someone how to run their life.Carson, The blond one, he set the movement back about ten years, reinforcing all of the stereotypes. It's all kinda sad. Then again, it might also be partially because I view myself more as being a geek than gay but this territory that I've covered before so let's move on.

Really, what this show was is people who think they're better telling you how to live your life. Yeah, if I ever do that, become a sanctimonious gay man, tell me then and there and I'll stop. I'm not better than just about anyone. Maybe a couple of people but that's about it.I dunno, I watch the show, see the reactions the men have to the straight guys and some of the stuff, I don't see a problem. So someone has a different style than you. You don't judge them on that. That's just stupid on so many levels and spending four days with a person then leaving isn't going to change them as much as it would usually.

Disney Holiday Magic with Samantha Brown: This is pre-show for the Disney Holiday Parade in like an hour. I've never been to Disney before myself. Seeing it at Christmas would make me want to see it more. I mean, this is kinda torture and very unethical. Oh well, whatcha gonna do? That said, it does serve to let us know that Mickey is a spirit of consumerism. It may be a world of wonder but it's not cheap. Then again, I doubt any of us are going to fool ourselves into thinking that.

Little things of note. They Christmas up It's a Small World. It's kinda scary. I am scared for the existence of my soul. The Cinderella's castle room you can get in Disney World. It's so freaking excessively awesome. It's beautiful, the mirror is also a flat screen tv, and just so grand. Actually, the lights on Cinderella's Castle that makes it look like it's covered in ice is also gorgeous. Look at it. to the side. I would love to actually see that in person someday.

Notable Commercials: There's a commercial for a brownie pan that separated out the brownies for you as they bake. Really? Who buys these things? Someone has o or else they wouldn't sell them> It's all levels of excess and stupidity. It's like those pancake puffs from a few years back. Billy Mays (God rest his soul) wouldn't even endorse something like that. Speaking of which, they seem to be letting his soul rest since I can't remember the last time I've seen one of his commercials.

Late Christmas Ideas: I want something really straight to defy these blowhards. Sport jerseys, a trip to Hofbrau, anything just to drive this crud out of my head. Ooooh, good German food and some good alcohol. Yummers.

The Tally
Times I was kinda embarrassed to be gay thanks to Queer Eye: 4
Mountain Dews Left: 11
Energy Drinks Left: 4
Cups of Coffee drank: 0
Sanity Rating (1 being a random passerby, 10 being the same passerby after a dose of The Scarecrow's fear toxin): 3

No comments: