Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Christmas Experiment 2010: Hours 13 & 14

Viewing Thoughts: I'm eating dinner right now so this is going to less in depth than usual. Anyway, watching the Disney World Holiday Parade. It's hosted by Ryan Seacrest which is better than last year's debacle with Kelly Ripa. Then again, so far Ryan isn't doing some really crappy dancing. Really, this is incredibly unremarkable. Actually a little bit boring. But Kermit and Miss Piggy show up.Then comes the villains float. They spend more than ten seconds on it and it's followed by Vader and the 501st. This just rocks. And as I get excited, we end up with an infomercial for the Disney Cruise Line.

Next up in the Princesses. I do not care for Disney Princesses. Belle is the only one worthwhile really. The rest are mainly passive characters. Not even Mercedes from Glee can save this. She sings an awesome medley of Disney Princess songs and it changes nothing. Also, is it a requirement to be a Disney Channel star that they can market you as anything they want? Just asking since all of them sing and/or have no soul behind their eyes. Santa Claus lectures Ryan Seacrest and says there's a special present for him. I wonder if it's some elevator shoes. He is a short, short man. They close out with a 19-month pregnant Mariah Carey singing.

Notable Commercials: The Charmin toilet paper commercials with the bears have always been a little off. I mean, it's about bears usually getting toilet paper stuck to their fur. However, they were bears that lived in a forest. Now, it's kinda just disturbing that they live in houses. Are they nudists? And they really people? My brain needs an ounce of Bleech.

Later Christmas Ideas: I've never been to a Disney park. I'd live to go just so I can say I've been. I know it's technically against everything I stand for but ehh. It happens.

The Tally
Mountain Dews Left: 22
Energy Drinks Left: 3
Cups of Coffee drank: 0
Pumpkin Pie Left: One Half of pie
Sanity Rating (1 being a clean plate, 10 being backed on insanity): 4

No comments: