Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Christmas Experiment 2010: Hours 5 & 6

Viewing Thoughts:  Yeah, we're watching A Christmas Story. This is one of the things I do every year so let's bring it on. It's classic Americana really. I will say after talking about this movie for three years, I am still thinking of things to say. One thing that has always disturbed me is that weird kid in the aviator goggles in the Santa line. He's there for all of a few seconds but the way he just say, "I like Santa" and "I like the Wizard of Oz" makes me think, "This kid is going to become a serial killer." Seriously, he's going to kill Santa Clauses and dress them up as Wizard of Oz characters.

Really, what works for this movie is the episodic nature of it. It's really a series of events rather than a single plot driven movie. That's what the Christmas season is.  It's a series of memories and thoughts as opposed to a single thing that happens and it's different things to different people. That's what makes it work as well as it does really.

Also, for a movie made in the 80s, the Engrish in the Chinese restaurant is rather annoying. Just saying.

I dunno, I really am running out of things to say about this movie. Go read the previous articles on it then.

Notable Commercials: There was a Western Union commercial with Pedobear. Seriously. I wish I could make this stuff up.

Late-Christmas Ideas:  Footie pajamas if for no other reason than you know I would take pictures you could then make fun of me for.

The Tally
Mountain Dews Left: 23
Energy Drinks Left: 4
Cups of Coffee drank: 0
Pumpkin Pie Left: 5/6th of pie
Sanity Rating (1 being a knife, 10 being a bent serving spoon): 5

No comments: