Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Christmas Experiment 2013 Hours 23+24: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Thoughts: Ah, the yearly rewatch. If you want to read any of my previous thoughts, click on the tag down below. As for this year, well, I don't know.I'm of two minds on the subject of the current state of my life. The Griswald family Christmas makes little sense from the mind of a rational person.It all feels like it's going to collapse in like a turkey. Not only that, but the Frank Shirley's of the world feel like they're always going to screw us over. If we let them, our lives will suck. Christmas Vacation has the most impact on me when I'm sleep deprived. I still love it but it helps me center myself.

I sometimes wonder if the catharsis of doing this is wearing off? I don't really now. I I love Christmas Vacation.Hell, it's just Christmas. Someone started complaining on Facebook about non-Christians celebrating Christmas and that kinda got me down. The thing is, Christmas still has that means to Christians but Christmas has grown beyond that. It's a season of togetherness and, more than that, good will. Oh, sure, people will always over-commercialize it but that's true of both the spiritual and secular Christmas. The Christmas Star can be a thing of beauty or the light on the sewage. Just depends on what you make of it.

Non-Viewing Thoughts:I am really looking forward to seeing American Hustle tomorrow.

Late Christmas Ideas:How many years have I been doing this? That many? Great. So, what are my freaking Moose Glasses? I've been waiting this long and still none. C'MON PEOPLE!

Final Tally:
Mountain Dews Drank: 3
Amps Drank: 0
Cups of Coffee Drunk: 1
Pumpkin Pie Left: 1/3rd left.
Sanity Rating: (1 being something that needs to sleep desperately, 10 being ehh, might as well stay ip longer ):6

No comments: