Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Christmas Experiment 2011: Hours 17 & 18

Viewing Thoughts: Okay, let's try some non-fiction stuff.

Invasion of the Christmas Lights: The special follows those people who go insane when it comes to Christmas decorations. I mean, just freaking insanity. Houses that make the Griswold house look like an exercise in moderation. Obsessive compulsive.In one case, a families neighbors are calling the cops on them since, well, eyesore that brings the property value down is always a good reason to call the cops. When we get their display, it's more than a little gaudy and distasteful. If I lived in that neighborhood and I saw that up, I'd probably run for high heaven. I'm more wondering because some of these people say that they're doing it all for the community but, well, it seems like in half these cases, the community is opposing the display. I like a good Christmas Display but when you have an eyesore and you need to mod your power box so you get the right distribution of electricity, you got a problem.

Cupcake Wars: The entire gourmet cupcake phenomenon is something of a exercise in stupidity for me. You can get two good cakes for about the price you spend on a Dozen cupcakes. The reason I ever watch this show is because it takes itself so seriously. It treats cupcakes like they're super-serious business. This Holiday episode is no exception as they compete to make a display at the Hollywood Christmas Parade aka the Holiday Parade everyone forgets exists. It doesn't help that this episode makes me sick. two people make Greenbean Casserole Cupcakes, Two make Cheeselog inspired Cupcakes. Why? I know they have to choose Holiday inspired Cupcakes from specific foods but when your choices also include fruitcake and Sweet Potato Casserole, then you want to be different for the sake of being different. In the end, someone wins but none of the cupcakes sound that good.

Non-Viewing Thoughts: Debating on whether or not to do any post Christmas shopping. I'm sure it won't be fun out there but I also need to get my hair cut and to get a pair of boots that I won't use if the snow never happens.

Late-Christmas Ideas:  Cupcake pans. I would probably use them for muffins more but still, something I wouldn't mind owning

The Tally
Mountain Dews Left: 10
Energy Drinks Left: 1
Cups of Coffee drank: 0
Pumpkin Pie Left:1/3rd left
Sanity Rating (1 being a Chocolate Cake, 10 being a Triple Mushroom and Fish Cake with Yak Butter Frosting): 7

No comments: